Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Pop's heart surgery Day 4

My dad is doing a lot better. He was able to sit up for about 4 hours today! Everyone is eager, including him to get out of CCU. The doctor gave us an update and said that he looks really good and that he should be able to move out of CCU today or tomorrow. He did not move out today but hopefully tomorrow he will. He got another tube out of him and his blood pressure is going up! The doctor said that it would be slow due to his heart being so weak, but that is what they expected and he is doing great.

I am eagerly, and some what impatiently, waiting for him to be out of CCU. I just really want to know if he is going to be o-kay and how much stronger his heart is. His heart was only pumping at an Emission Ratio of 15%, whereas a healthy human has an Emission Ratio of 100% that is how weak his heart really was. We are so grateful to have him with us even now. The doctors say that it is a miracle that he was still able to walk around and do stuff or even to be alive. I was talking to my mom before I went in to see my dad about how a lot of times I think about how much money doctors make and it wasn't until I was in this situation where I would give those doctors so much more for the job that they did! They really deserve what they make!

Tonight my dad was looking a lot better and even cracking a few jokes with my family. He is eager to see his grandkids, they all made him a video message which we played for him and he almost started to cry. I almost cried just watching them as they told my dad "I miss you Lito, I love you, and can't wait to see you" I choke up just thinking about it. They will not be able to see my dad until he is out of CCU and into a private room.

I know that God has everything in control and that he knows what is coming up, I pray for patience as He reveals these things to me and my family. I also pray for rest, I am so tired and I have to keep moving to stay awake throughout the day. I also pray for the strength of my dad's heart, and that he will be able to enjoy life and the things he loves to do.

Through all of this I continually read and pray Psalm 24. I encourage anyone who reads this to look it up and read it for themselves. It has brought me a lot of comfort over the past few days and I pray that it can help you too.

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for being God and sitting on your thrown. There are so many anxious moments that I would really like to answers to but I know that you will reveal them to me when the time is right. I ask for patience as I go one day by day, Father I ask for rest as I try to catch up from these last stressful days, You are the great comforter and I come to you for comfort and rest. I am heavy burdened and I come to you for strength. Please be with my dad and strengthen his heart so that he may enjoy life again. You are the God who has already preformed a miracle and I am asking for more of your awesome power. Thank you again for the grace and mercy that you give to us. Help me to be a disciple for You. It is in your name that I pray. Amen."

No comments: