Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Since last time

My dad is doing great! He got back from seeing his cardiologist today and his heart seems to be doing really good. He begins rehab soon: walking, weight lifting, riding the bike... It seems that my dad had his surgery such a long time ago. It hasn't even been a month and so much has happened since then. My uncle Jesse passed away and one of my best friends son passed away.

To be honest I am tired: physically, mentally, emotionally. Although I may be tired in these areas my spiritual life seems to be getting stronger, don't get me wrong, I have had my moments of anger and anxiety about all of the situations surrounding my family.

I have been trying to comfort my friend who lost his youngest son last Thursday. He died when he turned over in his sleep and suffocated himself. I have heard of things happening like this but never thought it would hit so close to home. Going to a memorial and funeral of a 9 month old is never easy to deal with, he has a twin sister and older brother that are doing good. It is just hard to try to understand why this has happened. I know that God has his reasons, but I would really like to know. This speaks about faith, if God choose to reveal all of the things all the time, what would be the purpose of faith? Faith is such an amazing thing that is hard to grasp, one day it will all make sense and logic will set in and I can look back and reflect. Now is not that time though, God is faithful and just. He knows exactly what he is doing and that brings me great comfort!

No comments: